Lucas is an Associate at Farore Law working across all of the firm’s practice areas, advising and representing senior executives and other regulated professionals in whistleblowing, discrimination and misconduct cases. He has extensive experience in high-value Employment litigation and advising professionals facing internal investigations. Lucas completed his training at Farore Law.
Recent work includes:
- Acting for a CNBC anchor in a widely reported sexual harassment and discrimination case against Comcast and its subsidiaries. This matter involved claims under English law, ADGM law and California law. Lucas worked closely with Suzanne McKie KC and Suann MacIsaac of KWIKH (an experienced entertainment law attorney based in Los Angeles) in this matter.
- Acting for a President of a listed company in a multi-million-pound whistleblowing claim concerning allegations of fraud and misrepresentation and involving Respondents based in offshore jurisdictions. Lucas assisted Suzanne McKie KC in settling this claim for an undisclosed amount.
- Advising a regulated senior executive of a finance house (led by Suzanne McKie KC) facing an internal investigation on breach of confidentiality policies, including advising him on his FCA regulatory status under the Senior Managers and Certification Regime.
- Advising and acting as co-counsel for a number of senior directors and a House of Lords Peer in relation to claims against them of discrimination and victimisation, including in an ongoing EAT appeal concerning the Tribunal’s power to strike-out a claim after the liability judgment.
- Acting for a tech startup in a multi-million pound shareholder dispute at the Business and Property Court.
- Advising a senior equity partner of a professional services firm facing an internal investigation on bullying and harassment, including advising him on potential race discrimination claims against the firm.
- Acting for a CEO of a finance house in a nationality discrimination claim arising out of an activist shareholder campaign to unseat the board of directors.
- Acting for a senior executive of a private equity firm in a multi-million pound equal pay and sex discrimination claim involving the underpayment of base salary, discretionary bonuses and carried interest allocations.
During his traineeship, Lucas was also a visiting lecturer in Company Law at King’s College London, using his academic background in corporate law, which provides him with unique insight into the some of the complex legal problems in advising senior executives working in the financial sector or occupying fiduciary or quasi-fiduciary positions.
Lucas studied undergraduate and Master’s degrees in Law at King’s College London and St Edmund’s College, University of Cambridge. He is a Pump Court Tax Chambers Scholar and was called to the Bar of England and Wales (Middle Temple, 2021).
Lucas is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association and is the Employment Bar representative of the Middle Temple Young Bar Association.
Outside of work, Lucas likes to explore London’s restaurants and bars with friends and family. He also enjoys travelling abroad whenever possible and is an avid boxer.
“I can’t thank you enough. I don’t know what I would ever be able to do for you, but I promise that I’ll remember to serve the under privileged for life just like you have tried to help me while I was struggling” – Client in a whistleblowing case, 2023
“To be absolutely frank I am extremely satisfied with the manner in which you spoke with me and your approach… I hope you will be able to assist in the coming months as I feel I’ve known you longer than a few hours” – Client in professional disciplinary case, 2023
“I can tell you prepared exceptionally well, which was evident in your submissions, with the Judge mainly relying on your guidance to navigate the papers. Knowing that I have an advocate who genuinely cares about my case feels very good.” – Client in a maternity discrimination claim, 2023
“Excellent, and Lucas’ expertise is well ahead of his qualification level” – Client 2023