Shannon is a Qualified Solicitor (England and Wales).
After graduating with First Class Honours from Lancaster University, Shannon simultaneously completed her training contract and obtained a Distinction in the Legal Practice Course with the University of Law, qualifying as a Solicitor in 2021.
Shannon works across all our practice areas, specialising in advising and bringing high-value claims involving discrimination, harassment, and whistleblowing. She has a particular interest in claims that encompass cross-border issues and successfully sat the 2023 administration of the California Bar Exam. She is due to be admitted as a California Attorney in 2024.
Her recent cases include:
- Representing a senior contractor who had her contract terminated, following her allegations of sexual harassment against her CEO being upheld.
- Bringing a civil action on behalf of two University employees sexually assaulted by a Professor at a Christmas Party.
- Securing testimony of a celebrity chef under the Hague Convention as part of legal proceedings in the United States.
- Advising a large investment management company of their obligations to a contractor working in the United States under an English consultancy agreement.
- Representing a group of artists against an internationally renowned institution in a race discrimination and victimisation claim.
- Advising on strategy in depositions and settlement negotiations in proceedings in the United States, and the impact of the claims on proceedings in England.
- Securing compensation and re-instatement of a PhD student after a failure to implement reasonable adjustments caused her to be removed from her PhD at a prestigious University.
Shannon is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association (ELA) and the International Forum for Senior Executive Advisers (IFSEA). She also sits on the Legal Advisory Panel for the Centre for Women’s Justice.
Outside of work, Shannon enjoys long walks with her two dogs and spending time in the kitchen, baking classic recipes or creating her own.
“Shannon helped me tremendously throughout the hardest two years of my life. Her expertise, empathy and understanding kept me going even when everything else looked impossible. She fought for me amazingly until the very end and secured a successful outcome despite all the odds. I wish every client that they have the honour to be represented by Shannon.” (client A, 2023)